Secretary, Administrator & Office Assistant
Six courses - Four to six weeks
Nearly all secretaries and office administration must have the ability to generate office correspondence and documentation quickly and effectively. Can you quickly create tables, maintain timesheets, company calendars, produce letters, memos, facsimiles, generate large mailings with either emails, letters. labels or envelopes or create complex reports quickly? Be prepared for any task or job test by keeping your skills up-to-date and above the competition. The greater the skills, the greater the pay and job marketability.
Beginner through Legal Word Processing Operator Using MS Word
- Advanced Formatting - Learn styles, heading numbering, table of contents, advanced formatting, financial tables, etc. using some of the fastest editing techniques.
- Multiple Formatting Strategy Applications - Administrators, professionals and students gain extra skills as term papers, books and research reports become more professional, easier and quicker to create.
- Office Documentation - Compose letters and a variety of correspondence in addition to business reports, evaluations and mailings. Learn standard office procedures and office terminology.
- PDF Editing - Now PDF editing is just as necessary as basic word processing editing as documents are scanned into PDFs, filable forms are more widely used than ever before. You will learn how to edit and create filable forms using Adobe Acrobat/ Nuance.
- PowerPoint - Create and edit corporate presentations and slideshows. Learn when and how to use tables, charts and graphs between different Office programs.
- Excel - Learn how to use Excel in a word processing center or as a secretary - legal or financial. Includes formulas, conditional and advanced formatting as well as charts and graphs. Understand how to use this program along with Word and to edit both quickly and efficiently. Setup your spreadsheets properly to be edited and printed properly by others.
- Document Comparison, Proofing & Management - Electronic comparison using MS Word, Workshare's Compare (DeltaView), iManage WorkSite & FileSite, DeskSite and Works document management software are imparted to our students as these are required by most law firms, large financial and private corporate entities.
- Job Test Preparation - Get familiar with various office procedures and documentation. Learn what it takes to pass both agency and job testing.
- Assignment Completion & Final Testing - Upon completing all course assignments, students must complete and pass a final timed test.
- Certification, Resume Review, Job Referral & Placement Assistance - Certification is given to students completing all course requirements. Resume update are given with job placement assistance and referrals. Passing our testing and assignments ensures that you are not only prepared for any job, but have confidence and an edge over the competition!