Legal Secretary, Administrator & Office Assistant
Seven courses - Four to Seven weeks
Nearly all secretaries and office administration must have the ability to generate office correspondence and documentation quickly and effectively. This is particularly true for a legal secretary who must do so in addition to creating and editing standard legal documents. This class was designed for this purpose alone - to make your job easier.
Beginner through Legal Word Processing Operator Using MS Word
- Advanced Formatting - Learn styles, heading numbering, table of contents, advanced formatting, financial tables, etc. using some of the fastest editing techniques.
- Multiple Formatting Strategy Applications - Administrators, professionals and students gain extra skills as term papers and books. Research reports become more professional, easier and quicker to create.
- Legal Office Documents - Compose letters and a variety of correspondence in addition to legal documents in litigation, insurance, corporate law and more. Learn legal office terminology and common office procedures.
- Document Comparison, Proofing & Management - Electronic comparison using MS Word, Workshare's compare software (DeltaView), iManage WorkSite & FileSite, DeskSite and/or Works document management software are imparted to our students as these are required by most law firms, large financial as well as private corporate entities.
- PDF Editing - Now PDF editing is just as necessary as basic word processing editing as documents are scanned into PDFs, filable forms are more widely used than ever before. You will learn how to edit and create filable forms using Adobe Acrobat/ Nuance.
- PowerPoint - Create and edit corporate presentations and slideshows. Learn when and how to use tables, charts and graphs between different Office programs.
- Excel - Learn how to use Excel in a word processing center or as a secretary - legal or financial. Includes formulas, conditional and advanced formatting as well as charts and graphs. Understand how to use this program along with Word and to edit both quickly and efficiently. Setup your spreadsheets properly to be edited and printed properly by others.
- Job Test Preparation - Get familiar with legal terminology, administration process and how to work in the environment. Learn what it takes to pass both agency and firm job testing.
- Assignment Completion & Final Testing - Upon completing all course assignments, students must complete all coursework and pass a final timed test. Completing a variety of assignments ensures readiness to complete any assignment given as documents of any variety can be encountered on the job. as testing are far from the only type of documents you will need to edit.
- Certification, Resume Review, Job Referral & Placement Assistance - Certification is given to students completing all course requirements. Resume update and review are given along with job placement assistance and referrals. Passing our testing and assignments ensures that you are not only prepared for any job, but have confidence and an edge over the competition!